School Uniform Guidelines and Dress Code Requirements
The NAHS uniform policy is designed to:
-Promote a safe and orderly learning environment
-Promote an atmosphere of scholarship and cohesiveness
-Discourage inappropriate attire (ie- shirts with profane words and symbols, advertisements for smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc.)
-Students will wear the uniform every day
-Students must be in uniform for field trips, assemblies, and all after-school activities.
-Students not in uniform will receive a letter home to their parent/guardian requesting that they meet their child's grade level Assistant Principal to discuss noncompliance.
*All students are encouraged to wear the following:
1. NAHS shirts with NAHS logo (tucked in):
- 6th Grade- Maroon or Oxford Grey
- 7th Grade- Red or White
- 8th Grade- Royal Blue or Gold
2. KHAKI (Tan colored) bottoms:
Young Men: pants or knee length shorts pulled up to the waist and secured with a belt.
Young ladies: pants or knee length skirts, shorts, or skorts.
3. A belt
Young men are expected to have their shirts tucked in at all times. Jeans and pants, skirts, skorts, or shorts with holes are not permitted.
- Main Street Embroidery 410-833-0414
- 2016-2017 Uniform Order Forms
· Jean, leather jackets, etc.
· Shirts without a collar or NAHS logo
· Any brand name logos- Polo, Aeropostle, Abercrombie, American Eagle, Nautica, etc.
· Shorts and skirts should be at or below fingertips
· No jeans of any kind
* Purses and book bags are to be stored in lockers during the school day.
Because they pose a potential safety hazard to our students, the following shoes are not permitted:
- Heelys (shoes with removable wheels in the heel)
- Flip Flops
- Shower Shoes
- Athletic Slippers
- House Slippers